Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day six and seven...

I have been a blogging slacker! I need to finish blogging about our trip. So the last day in the midst of the Hurricane Irene hoopla we visited George Washington's House Mt. Vernon. What a fun filled day. The kids loved it and one of the park guides who was giving us a tour of Mr. Washington's house told us our kids were the best behaved kids she'd seen in a long time. We like those type of compliments. On the ride from Falls Church to Mt. Vernon our route took us through downtown Alexandria. What a beautiful city! I think if it weren't in the midst of like a zillion people I'd be in love. I LOVE the colonial era.


Can't you see a future Stone Street Soaps someplace like this?





The kids with their treasure maps. I love when historical sites have things to help my kids enjoy the experience. This made their day.