Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A phone call from God

So I have lost my phone, my beautiful iphone that connects me to the rest of the world.I love it way to much and God has seen fit to take it from me. I am sure it is lost in the couch or put in some unknown place. I have to admit last night I was pretty upset and frustrated over it. Well to be truthful I was seriously frustrated over many things, sickness, husband, kids you name it. Everything was getting on my last nerve. I'm sure you've been there.
Fast forward to this morning I got kids ready for school, started dinner, loaded them in the car and what song pops on Francesca Battistelli's "This is the stuff" have you heard it? If not here are some of the lyrics to give you an idea of what the song is about.

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use
So right on point with my frustrations even has I drove behind someone going 5 mph UNDER the speed limit. Then these words struck me
 So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Sigh. Yup that is what I needed. My prayer today that I can get past my frustration and not allow it to rob me of the blessings each day brings. By the way if you see my phone let me know.